Re: Modem

Emerson Pereira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd installed Debian on my 486 with not much complications, and now that it
> is running, I would like to configure the modem, but it simply doesn't
> work... Had tryed pon, minicom, wvdial, with no success... the instalation
> I'd made is the Stable version I downloaded on Debian.org. Note that I am a
> new user of Linux too. My modem is a 14K Zoltrix. I'm having some problems
> with my mouse too.
>
> Thanks for you atention,
> Maninho

Temporarily pull either the mouse or the modem; physically disconnect one or the
other. Then see if the remaining device works. Also, check the CMOS/BIOS setup on the
motherboard to make sure the com ports are active and are assigned as you they are.
(I think Linux ignores the BIOS settings to a large extent, but checking anyway might
give some clue to the problem.)