Setting up an internal mirror with custom debs

I've setup an internal anonymous FTP mirror for potato, but now I need
to add a custom .deb to it.  I can't seem to get my sources.list and the
location of the .debs to work together.   The syntax for the ftp site
is:

deb ftp://chronos frozen main contrib non-free

and that works just fine.  And I can use my custom debs with the syntax:

deb file:/floppy/debian/  coral/

and that works too.  But I would really prefer to put the custom debs on
the FTP site somewhere.  I've tried various permutations of

deb ftp://chronos debian coral

but I'm banging my head against a wall.  Any suggestions for setting
where to place files in an ftp directory?

Thanks,
Matthew H. Ray
Programmer, Coral Technologies, Inc.
mray@coral-tech.com