Re: VMWare, Samba, and Slink

With VMWare 2.0 on my box (Celeron 300A @ 450mhz, 320MB RAM, Quantum 10K
RPM LVD SCSI drive on an AHA2940U2W, TNT2 Ultra w/ 32MB video ram),
Win98 SE is sluggish but usable, like on a P233.  The thing that really
kills usability for me is that the mouse is slow to respond - there is a
noticeable latency between moving the thing and seeing the pointer
move.  I couldn't come up with a way to fix this.  Word, IE, etc. seem
to take only a little longer to load that in native Win98, but that damn
latency keeps reminding you that it's not native Windows.  If they can
fix it with the mouse it would be tolerable for most other things.  It's
like going back to dialup after getting used to DSL - a hassle but you
can get things done if need be.  But it beats the hell out of having to
reboot to use Word.

HTH,

rlr