Re: boot install from HD

Fish Smith wrote:

> Is there a way to boot the install system from the
> hard disk?  Of a pre-installed debian system I mean, I
> know how to do it from an msdos/win system I'm going
> to install over.

> I made a few mistakes in install and I want to revise
> my selections.  I don't particularly want to make all
> those floppies again, especially considering I only
> used one physical disk.

I'm a little confused here.  If I get you right you have at least Debian
base installed.  Is that correct?  It sounds like you didn't make a boot
disk or install 'lilo' (a boot loader) during the installation process.
Is that correct?

It also sounds like you did a floppy install.  It has been a long time
since I have done one of those but you should be able to use the rescue
disk or the boot disk (can't remember what it is called) to bring your
system back up.  Once you do that install lilo so you can boot off your
hard drive.  I have to run now but will be back later.
hth,
kent