Re: boot install from HD

Quoting Fish Smith (dyson_sphere_explorer@yahoo.com):
> Is there a way to boot the install system from the
> hard disk?  Of a pre-installed debian system I mean, I
> know how to do it from an msdos/win system I'm going
> to install over.
>
> I made a few mistakes in install and I want to revise
> my selections.  I don't particularly want to make all
> those floppies again, especially considering I only
> used one physical disk.

You should be able to make corrections without going back to
the installation system. For example, network addresses
in /etc/init.d/network (slink) or /etc/network/interfaces
(potato).

But if you want to do it from floppies, you only need the
first one (slink) or two (potato). You need to "Mount a
previously initialised partition", and then "Configure
whatever-it-was" to make the changes.

Apart from the network above, I can really only think of
"Configure Base System" which only seems to affect /etc/timezone
and the clock line in /etc/default/rcS. What did you get wrong?

Cheers,