Debian Potato & NIS+

I am working in a new network operations center that needs to standardize
on a linux distribution, currently it seems to be leaning towards debian
potato as thats what the unix admins want.(either that or mandrake)

I'm wondering what kind of support(if any) potato has for NIS+ (NIS
w/shadow passwd support)  I tried playin with NIS+ on slink about a year
ago and hosed many machines during libc upgrades.  because potato is
glibc2.1, has anyone got a network running with potato boxen and NIS+
? and possibly NFS as well.

I'm also considering getting the machines equipped with dual NICs one for
normal network and another for NIS/NFS between the server/client for
maximum security.  We would use freebsd but the graphics is i810 and is
not supported under bsd (yet), it requires a kernel module which only
linux has.

nate

:::
http://www.aphroland.org/
http://www.linuxpowered.net/
aphro@aphroland.org
3:50pm up 5 days, 1:52, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00