Re: The ALSA driver in potato is very outdated :-(

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 03:09:16PM +0200, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had some troubles with ALSA drivers, provided with potato.
> I sent a message to one of their developers, and this is what I received:
>
> > you are using a very old version of ALSA.
> > please upgrade your driver/libs from www.alsa-project.org
> >
> > all azt2320 cards are well supported now.
>
> So now I have two questions.
> 1) How can I upgrade the ALSA drivers in potato so that I wouldn't break
>    the debian packaging system (Is there something like kernel-package
>    available for them)?

If you install the ALSA source package, it installs in
/usr/src/modules.  Running make-kpkg modules_image from usr/src/linux
/should package up everything /usr/src/modules (and not make
modules included with the kernel).

I'm not sure if the source of the debian package was modified to make
this work or not...

[snip]

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

He knows not how to know who knows not also how to unknow.
                -- Sir Richard Burton