Re: The ALSA driver in potato is very outdated :-(

I installed the following debs from the woody
archive or from incoming.debian.org.  My kernel
is a 2.2.15 that I compiled myself.  In order to
install the alsa-modules package I had to give
the "--force-depends" option to dpkg.

alsa-base_0.5.8a-1.deb
alsa-modules-2.2.15_0.5.8a-1+2.2.15-1_i386.deb
alsa-utils_0.5.8-1.deb
esound-common_0.2.18-2.deb
esound-alsa_0.2.18-2.deb
libasound1_0.5.8-1.deb
libesd-alsa0_0.2.18-2.deb
gamix_1.09p11-1.deb

Tip: If you use xmms, choose the esd output plugin.

--
Thomas Hood