RE: mouse gpm/xwindow conflict revisited

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Mark wrote:

> Sorry but I mist the thread of this one!.

It seems, that there are several people around with this problem.

> I also have a  gpm / xwindows conflict. I have tried various protocols and
> types of mouse (I tried a serial bus mouse and a ps2 trackman), but the
> mouse never works in X if I had gpm previously working.
>
> Can this be fixed? or do you have to make a workaround ?

I´ve got a Logitech PS/2 mouse at /dev/psaux and ran into this problem.
As somebody else already mentioned, it did not cause any conflicts
between gpm and X11 under RedHat.

This is what I finally did:

In /etc/X11/XF86Config I changed in section Pointer the lines from PS/2
to Microsoft and /dev/psaux to /dev/gpm.data. Additionally I added an
option -R to /etc/gpm.conf. In another thread somebody changed to
MouseSystems instead of Microsoft, but this didn´t work for me.

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de