Re: SIOCADDRT: Invalid Parameters

On 12 Jun 2000, Jason Quigley wrote:
> BTW, somebody mentioned problems with disk performance under 2.2.15 and that
> I should stay with 2.2.14.
>
> I am interested in getting LVM working on my system and the only 2.2.x
> system that will be patched will be 2.2.15+.
>
> Does anybody know if this person was using the wrong orifice to communicate?
>
> Many thanks,
> Jason.

I'm using 2.2.15 with no problems. I seem to remember that there was
some report recently that 2.2.14 had trashed some people's file systems,
but don't take this as gospel. I installed 2.2.14 on my son's computer
and the file system *was* trashed when he tried to boot after several
weeks on The Other System, but I don't know if the kernel was
responsible.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"To be forced by desire into any unwarrantable belief is a calamity."
I.A. Richards