Re: HDA is crashing..How can I duplicate it?

> Kevin Cobb wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I can place another hard drive into the Linux
> 2.1 box, copy everything from drive 1 to drive 2 and then come up on
> drive 2?

How about booting from a rescue disk with its own filesystem, mounting
the old drive under /old, the new one under /new and then issuing as
root:
	% cd /old
	% tar cvf /new/backup.tar *
	% cd /new
	% tar xvf backup.tar

IIRC that should preserve file ownerships, file permissions, and
symlinks ... but than again, I've never done it myself.

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:         mailto:rosenfel@gmx.de