HDA is crashing..How can I duplicate it?

My debian Linux box is recently throwing numerous hda errors.  I apologize for my obvious "newby question".

Can anyone tell me how I can place another hard drive into the Linux 2.1 box, copy everything from drive 1 to drive 2 and then come up on drive 2?   I've looked for tools such as Ghost and doesn't seem to be applicable.  Are there any Linux tools or procedures to accomplish this?  Unfortunately this is a mission critical box and I am not a Linux pro.....yet!   Any help any of you might be able to provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Cobb
kcobb@east.delfin.com