Re: The Thrill of Debian Gnu/Linux

Hmm,
    Hello John, sounds like you've had lots of problems? Well here's my
two pennyworth... What I like to do when installing Debian on a new system
is to follow all the prompts until it asks whether I would like to install
one of the specified package sets or a custom install. Then select
'custom', but don't select any packages with deselect. Re-boot and run
deselect install, configure, remove, quit. You will end up with a system
will all of the base packages installed but nothing else, you can then
re-run dselect and 'cherry pick' exactly what you want installed on your
system. After the initial install dselect should go through the select,
install, configure, remove cycle without any complaints about anything
missing or any unmet dependencies.

HTH JohnG

32865e97b5342e762ab140e00f3da23b - Just 'Debian'