Re: Install problem with AHA 2940 SCSI (older PC)

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 10:48:18PM -0500, Robert C. Ramsdell was only
   escaped alone to tell thee:

> It correctly identitifes /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 as the Linux and swap
> partitions.  However, it will initialize, but hangs if I try to do a
> bad-block scan of either partition.  After establishing this fact I
> ignored the scan step and moved on (why does it hang?  I know there are no
> bad blocks)

Hmm. This is new. I believe the install page (and perhaps the FAQ-omatic)
give 2 sets of boot fd images. (The DebianHP is busy.) Perhaps you could try
the other set.

> "Mount /dev/fd0  (type msdos) on /floppy: wrong filesystem type, or bad
> superblock on /dev/fd0"
> "Mount /dev/fd0  (type ext2) on /floppy: wrong filesystem type, or bad
> superblock on /dev/fd0"

Wow. Also new. Yes, try the other set and see what happens.

--
i'm determined to stand, whether god  |=|  bedlam@concentric.net
will deliver me or not. -- bob dylan  |=|  www.cris.com/~bedlam