Re: rm -R /usr/

I've made countless mistakes being overly cavalier with "rm".  As others
have mentioned, "rm -i" didn't work for me because I just got in the
habit of always using "-f".  About a year ago, I decided to start
fiddling with a "trash can" script.  I ended up with several shell
scripts that alias rm to move all deleted files and directories to a
temporary directory until logout.  I can then "undelete" anything that I
realize I still need later on.

If anyone has some time to waste and is interested in taking a look at
what I came up with, I put the scripts and a brief explanation here:

http://www.albany.edu/~bs7452/trash.html

I realize there are countless better ways to make a system such as
this.  I even hesitate to put my scripts out there because they are so
embarrassingly amateur.  Oh well.  Any comments would be greatly
appreciated.

--

Brian J. Stults
Doctoral Candidate