masqmail - really a good & safe solution for DIP connected box?

Hi All,

I have to set up the reliable MTA for my home network. I use my own DNS
system with "unofficial" domain name. The mail is transferred to the
Internet by different dialup ISP.
The problem is however, that the providers' smarthosts complain about
the sender's hostname (because it contains my "unofficial" domain name),
and this results sometimes in rejection of my message at the adressee's
mail server. (See the headers in this message, to find what is the
problem ;-) )
Therefore I need to forge the mail headers, to make them "reasonable"
for different DIPs. I've heard that masqmail is suitable for such purpose,
but its version number (0.0.12) makes me a little afraid of it ;-).
Does anybody has any experiences with this beast?
--
				TIA
				Wojciech Zabolotny