Re: mandb-errors!?

"Sven Burgener" <maillists@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>Colin Watson wrote:
>>Are you running vim? vim's alternatives keep breaking. :( I've already
>
>Yes, I use vim. What do you mean by "vim's alternatives keep breaking"?

/usr/share/doc/debian/FAQ/ch-customizing.html, section 10.10, should
give you a decent introduction to Debian's alternatives system; vim's
man pages are managed that way.

At one point, there was a bug that caused vim to disappear from the list
of choices for vi, ex, and so on, and it wasn't fixed properly. I've
mailed the maintainer about it. (What version of vim are you using?)

In the meantime, try 'update-alternatives --config ex',
'update-alternatives --config vi', and 'update-alternatives --config
view', all as root, to see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't,
then wait for the next version of vim in unstable to appear and upgrade
to that.