Re: masqmail - really a good & safe solution for DIP connected box?

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Wojtek Zabolotny wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Therefore I need to forge the mail headers, to make them "reasonable"
> for different DIPs. I've heard that masqmail is suitable for such purpose,
> but its version number (0.0.12) makes me a little afraid of it ;-).
> Does anybody has any experiences with this beast?
> --
> 				TIA
> 				Wojciech Zabolotny
> 				wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl

Yes I used it for a while with no problems (from a sinle user machine
so with few or none messages leaving the system); btw I compiled the tgz
since the deb package was an old version that did not deliver mail
locally. I do not know if it has been fixed now.

It is really simple to configure so it is worth a try.

Bye,

				Davide Marchignoli