Re: The Thrill of Debian Gnu/Linux

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, John McBride wrote:

> XF86Setup will start working right. Main problem now is that when I log
> in through gdm/helix gnome, there is no wm started -- just a gray
> stipple and a single button 2 menu. sawfish is installed and configured,
> but not launching I guess. Any help is appreciated.

Just a perhaps very stupid question:

When you say, you have a gray stipple on the screen, it does mean, that
there is no mouse-"X" visible and no menu shows up, when pressing the
left mouse button?

A naked fvwm shows just a cross patterned black and white background and
the mouse-"X" when being started.

Regards,

Kerstin

--