Re: PDF Writer for Linux ?

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 06:43:12PM +0200, Oliver Schoenknecht wrote:

> I am currently searching a program similar to Adobe Acrobat under Linux
> that makes PDF-files out of files of all kinds...

One way to do it is via SGML, with the jadetex package. A handy driver file
for this, db2pdf, can be found in the cygnus-stylesheets package. It is, as
they say, a non-trivial exercise.

> Besides I am also searching a good and powerful HTML-editor and a logo
> creation tool like Xara Webstyle...

Don't know about the latter, but - if you are *not* talking about a WYSIWYG
editor - then emacs running under X with the psgml package and an
appropriate DTD is imho the best way to write HTML. Others will no doubt
dissent from that view!

--
Bob Bernstein
at