Re: mozilla segfault...

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 01:53:37AM -0500, rich wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> I am running Windowmaker on a "pure" potato system. I just grabbed
> mozilla using apt, but this is what happens when I try to run it...
>
> > monkeyhouse:~/$ mozilla
> > Profile Manager : Profile Wizard and Manager activites : Begin
> > Profile Manager : Command Line Options : Begin
> > Profile Manager : Command Line Options : End
> > ProfileManager : GetProfileDir
> > ProfileManager : GetProfileDir
> > Profile Manager : Profile Wizard and Manager activites : End
> > Segmentation fault
>
> Any ideas?

Yes.  Don't use Debian packages of Mozilla.  Grab a nightly build from
mozilla.org.  The debs are generally way out of date.  You might also be
having issues with libstdc++, but I'd try a nightly build before going
and upgrading things willy-nilly.

Cheers,
Chris

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.