OT: GNU (was: Re: Notice: GR to remove non-free support from Debian)

"Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore@uk.origin-it.com> wrote:

> The endless issues over free vs non-free and other license-related issues
> makes Debian look more like license nit-pickers than anything else. This
> doesn't seem to me to be a good image to have. It's not done the GNU project
> much good, and it would be a shame if Debian had the same problems.

What is wrong with the image of the GNU project (or the FSF for that
matter)?  Isn't everything they do just a consequence of what they
hold up as their ideals?

I'd personally really hate to see the FSF getting in any way less
consequent as they are now.

Regards,
Lars