Re: Gnome-Language...

Daniel Reuter <reuter@Uni-Hohenheim.DE> wrote on 08/06/2000 (15:14) :
> But the reason, why I contribute to this threat is another one. I
> encountered a similar problem, when I installed gdm (or xdm or wdm). The
> point is, that obviously, your .bashrc doesn't get read, if you use some
> display manager, so the language doesn't get set correctly. You can choose
> language in the gdm start-menu, but this didn't work, I got my session in
> english. I suppose one could set a system wide default for the language,
> but I don't want to do this, as I prefer to use the C lang-setting for
> root.

Have you tried to set the environment variables in your .profile file?

I'm not sure how to solve this as I don't use gdm. Perhaps the manual of
gdm says something about which setup files it reads?

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."