3Com 3C920 Help

I just installed the base system on my DELL Latitiude LS400, which has a
3Com 3C920 adapter (3C905C-TX Compatible) but it did not find it during
install process.

Do I need to add an  ifconfig eth0 .. etc line ?
As I'm totally new to Linux, I dont even know if I have to configure this
manually !

Also, how do I use a boot-manager (and where do I get one !) ? - I need to
boot either W98 or debian, each on its own partition .. at present I can use
cfdisk and fdisk to set the active partition then reboot.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Declan Grady