Re: Where to place swap file according to FSSTND?

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 18:14:01 -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 09:04:44PM +0200, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have only a small root FS (30 megs,) and I don't want a swap part'n
>> (not very flexible,) therefore I use a swap file.
>>
>> Which is the "proper" place to place the swap file? Is it recommended
>> to make a link to /dev/swap?
>
>I don't know about that. I just put an extra swapfile in
>/var/local/swapfile.

I know how to create it, I just would like to know the proper place other than
in /dev/swap in case my root directory is small.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\