mouse gpm/xwindow conflict

Hi,

I have been setting up my xwindow system successfully, if it wasn't for
that conflict between xwindow and gpm. It is the before discussed thing:
Unless gpm is killed before starting x11, the mouse is dead.
Sure, I've got the specific combination of PS/2 and /dev/psaux.

It was mentioned that one should change some lines in
/etc/X11/XF86Config.

So I changed in

Section "Pointer"

the lines to

    Protocol    "MouseSystems"
    Device      "/dev/gpmdata"

and added the -R option in /etc/gpm.conf.

The mouse is still dead in X11. What else can I do about it, besides
deinstalling gpm, which is not a nice option?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Kerstin

--