Re: shared interrupts

> The machine in question already has Windows98 and I noticed that it shares
> interrupts between various devices.  Specifically the Ethernet card and
> the on-board sound system as well as at least one other pair.

if your bios setup offers this option, then try to remap some of the irqs.
moving the cards to other slots may help, also.
sometimes a device (driver) needs a non-shared irq, while three other
devices work well on a single shared irq line.
specifically shares between pci and isa devices may cause trouble.

If Windows is the answer, I want the problems back!