Re: X on a 486

> On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 11:03, Sven Burgener wrote:
> >
> > Apropos 486 and firewall: what requirements are there for a firewall /
> > masq. gateway to serve a LAN of approx. 20 - 50 clients?
> > I mean, I have seen a 486 25sx w/z a cable modem serve up to 5 clients
> > completely fine. It has IIRC 48 mbs of ram and was using about 100
> > ipchains rules. Are there any tests / comparisons on this subject?
>
> I once used a 486-DX100 between a 35+ client internal network and a 1.1MB
> DSL line. No problems. May still be running for all I know, I don't work
> there anymore.
>
> Luck,
> Pann
> --
> geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
>                                                     The Choice      /V\
> http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/                     of a GNU      /( )\
>                                                     Generation     ^^-^^

Unless it has been subjected to a direct hit by a strategic nuclear missile, I
suspect it still would be working fine. ;-)
--
David
mailto:dfisher@jedi.apana.org.au

"Ich fuhle, Luft von anderen Planeten"

Note:  No Microsoft programs were used in the
creation or distribution of this message.
If you are using a Microsoft program to view this message,
be forewarned that I am not responsible
for any harm you may encounter as a result.