Re: potato boot floppies

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 08:39:27PM +0200, Sven Burgener wrote:
> On the other subject of modules, I have to apologise again as I booted
> with the wrong(!) kernel into the right system. :-)
> See, I have two different distros installed over two harddisks. Now I'm
> still having initial trouble with correctly setting the other distro's
> LILO to boot debian.

Just edit /etc/lilo.conf for one/both of the distros to have entries for
both distros (the first one is the default, if default isn't specified)
and run lilo (see man lilo).

> Now, after having done all that, I needed to delete the defaultroute as
> it wasn't set correctly and as pppd doesn't replace a defaultroute
> that's already set. I did this by editing /etc/network/interfaces. I
> commented out the last line containing "gateway". I just want to know if
> that's the correct way.

pppconfig *will* set-up the default route if you select Advanced option
then select the Default route option.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.