Re: potato boot floppies

Hello

>> Besides that, when calling pppd, I get a message saying that the
kernel
>> isn't config'ed for PPP.
>
>That is one of pppd's favorite error messages, and it is almost always
>wrong.

I solved the ppp problem by setting up things correctly. :-) One thing
was setting the correct tty(!) Sorry, my apologies.
The other thing I did involved substituting ATDT with ATDI as I have an
(external) ISDN Adapter here.

On the other subject of modules, I have to apologise again as I booted
with the wrong(!) kernel into the right system. :-)
See, I have two different distros installed over two harddisks. Now I'm
still having initial trouble with correctly setting the other distro's
LILO to boot debian.

Now, after having done all that, I needed to delete the defaultroute as
it wasn't set correctly and as pppd doesn't replace a defaultroute
that's already set. I did this by editing /etc/network/interfaces. I
commented out the last line containing "gateway". I just want to know if
that's the correct way.

Thanks for your support!
I love this stuff!

Sven