Moving partitions around...

This is how my 20 GB disk looks today:

hda1              Linux, /boot              24
hda2              Linux swap               133
hda3         A    Linux root              8197 <- the 1024 limit is here
hda4              PRI DOS   FAT32-LBA    11217

I would like to have a FAT16 partition too, so I can run DOS 6.0. But I
guess DOS 6.0 doesn't like being beyond the 1024th cylinder. I can delete
my FAT32 partition temporarily (but I don't want to lose my linux fs), so
if I could move the files in hda3 I could make - after two copies - the hd
to look like this:

hda1              Linux, /boot              24
hda2              Linux swap               133
hda3              FAT16                   1000
hda4         A    Linux root              8197
hda5              PRI DOS   FAT32-LBA    10217

I think I could use dd for copying (right?)...but what about hda3 going
hda4? Will that cause much trouble? We're talking about the root file
system here...

Please give me the right command for copying the partition - I don't want
to make a beginner's mistake here...

Maybe it would be better having it look like this:

hda1              Linux, /boot              24
hda2              FAT16                   1000
hda3         A    Linux root              8197
hda4              Linux swap               133
hda5              PRI DOS   FAT32-LBA    10217

Then hda3 won't change, but the swap partition will...how do I change what
is the swap partition?

/ David