Re: E: Internal Error. Cannot configure a pre-depend?

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Ron Rademaker wrote:

> Your upgrade gives you some trouble, I've had it too, the way I fixed it
> is not a real nice way but it worked. I did the following:
>
> Went to the directory where apt downloaded to, used dpkg several times
> with all kind of --force options, after lots of puzzling which package I'd
> do next and what force option I should use this time, finally... finally
> my system was upgraded and running.
>
> If anybody has other ideas, you should probably try those first.

Some of the messages spit out when you run into a predepend problem
should tell you what packages are involved; manually install and
configure the package that is predepended on, then pickup were you left
off.  "dpkg --configure-pending" is a good thing to do, and may even
solve the predepend problem.

later,

	Bruce