svga and mouse questions

Hello list,

I've just set up my first x86 Debian system after practising with it on
my Amiga (m68k) - gone pretty smoothly too, due to this, and the m68k
lists.  However...

I'm using a PS2 mouse via /dev/psaux and I'm not using gpm (I had the
fairly common 'X' problems that I've seen posted often enough, when I
tried, both on m68k and x86, but I've not investigated further yet).
What I haven't been able to find is how to set the double-click time,
and haven't seen any references to it in any of the docs I've read - any
'pointers' anyone?

Also, I'm having trouble using svgalib apps - e.g. quake-svga fails not
finding /dev/fb/0  This has confused me a bit because I am familiar with
/dev/fbn etc. from using the fbdev sever on m68k and they already appear
to have been set up, presumably during the xserver-svga installation.
quake-x11 runs ok in a window.

TIA

LeeE
--