HP842C,HP932C,HP952C, Cannon 2100,3000,6000, Epson 740,860,895 Compatibility?

     Have any of you successfully used the Hewlett-Packard 842C,
932C, 952C, Cannon 2100,3000,6000, or Epson 740,860,895 printers
with Debian Linux, potato?  All printers I've seen work with
Windows, according to the documentation for them (while none say
"Windows only," as written in the hardware compatibility docs),
and none have Linux compatibility info in their documentation.

     The printer chase appears to be a minefield of various popular
models from each manufacturer--some of which work and others that
don't.  I've returned two printer models, so far, that weren't
listed with any compatibility list, yet were said not to work at
all (because manufacturers refused to give I/Os/escapes to
developers) on obscure, Web-archived discussion lists.

                                                   _Art