Ishmail being developed - new version available!

Hi. As an avid user of that wonderful email app, Ishmail, I was thrilled
to read on Freshmeat that it is now under active development. There is a
1.9.9 release available at http://ishmail.sourceforge.net/ - it is in
the form of a tar.gz so needs to be compiled. Ishmail is a Motif app and
needs the Motif development libraries to be installed on your system. I
tried compiling against lesstif and it didn't work. The maintainer, Evgeny
Stambulchik, maintains it should but then I have had little success
compiling apps against lesstif.

Fortunately there is now OpenMotif (http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/)
and Ishmail compiles cleanly against this. OpenMotif provides Debian
packages too.

At last I have an up-to-date error-free install of Ishmail. Excellent!!

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000