Re: Getting free ISPs to work

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 04:48:16AM -0700, Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> As for Freewwweb, STAY AWAY.  They have no clue how to run a SMTP
> server.  I get ALL of my mail bounced back to me because they don't
> have a record of valid dial-up IP assignments.  (e.g. This message was
> cut and pasted from a bounce and re-composed online.)

Indeed.  The way I work it is to have a real ISP which doesn't drop
packets going to port 25 and have a real mail account somewhere other than
freewwweb.  Then I use my freewwweb account(s) for general surfing and
my real ISP for sending mail.  Since my real ISP is free for 12 hours a
month, I basically have free dial-up internet service with all the
amenities.  Good luck.

Cheers,
Chris

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.