Re: Getting free ISPs to work

>   I just subscribed to this list about five minutes ago, because I
need to get
> a free ISP account going under my Debian Slink.  I don't care who
it's with
> (excite, xoom, etc), as long as I can get it to work.  I think the
problem is
> that I need the DNS nameservers (or at least with PPPconfig).
Please, if you
> could give some help, that would make my day.

Freewwweb is the only one I know of that will work on a Non-Windows
box.  Of
course, I have an evil plan involving proxying through a 486 running
Wingdings.  See screenshot(s) at
http://members.xoom.com/JMarkevich/doorstop.html

I don't recommend trying this on a full stomach, by the way... it
sure is a
lot of fun though.

As for Freewwweb, STAY AWAY.  They have no clue how to run a SMTP
server.  I get ALL of my mail bounced back to me because they don't
have a record of valid dial-up IP assignments.  (e.g. This message
was cut and pasted from a bounce and re-composed online.)