Re: is there a gui frontend in X for dialing ppp?

Wellllllll..."pon" and "poff", and let's not overlook "plog" _are_
elegantly tiny and simple, _but_ since my ISP instituted 'idle-time
disconnects' I don't always know whether I'm connected or not. A little
on/off light thingie might be nice to check before doing an apt-get, a
perl -MCPAN or a wget.

AAMOF, since "pon's" man page is also elegantly tiny and simple, I have
not found if or how it can be activated by an application yet.

Anyone know? Then I could care less about a little light thingie.

montefin