Re: XFCOnfiggin'

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 03:02:01PM +0800, Andrew McRobert wrote:
> hi again
>
> Can someone tell me why an XF86Config file from an identical laptop
> will not work on mine (ie. identical model, CPU, RAM, HDD, Video Card,
> Sound Card etc.) .... BUT ... mine's Debian as opposed to Red Hat ...
> ?

Crystal Ball is a little cloudy today... but I'm seeing different
versions of X -- one that supports certain graphics hardware and one
that does not.  A likely course of action is to run x86config on the
machine where X isn't working, and find out if the display hardware is
supported.  If yes, continue with configuration, using the other Config
file as a reference.  If no, update X (which may entail updating Debian
version).

You might try posting the exact problem in the future. Clairvoyance is
tricky business.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.