Re: Guidance

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 03:11:11AM -0700, T wrote:

> I have just finished installing the debian base system on my 386sx,
> which has a 170 meg hd and 8 meg of memory.  I am brand new to
> linux/unix.  I need some help.  I have been on your site for about
> an hour and have not found any help yet.  My 386 is not on the net.

.

.

.

I'm assuming you have another computer that you used to send that
email, and to download the nethack .deb file?  What I did in that
situation was to connect the two computers with a null modem cable
and network them together, then use IP Masquerading and a proxy
server to put the second PC on the Internet.

See the Serial and IP-Masq HOWTOs for starting instructions.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming