Intro and it seems that W3.1 can see beyond the partition barriers!

	Dear Debian users,

	I've installed Debian recently. My GNU/Linux knowledge at the time is
quite basic, but I hope I can learn enough in the forthcoming times, so I
can help you more than I am able right now.

	Let me start with the following situation that I have in my second machine:

	I installed Debian Hamm kernel 2.0.etc, living with Windows 3.11. The
installation went perfect and both OSes have been running smoothly during
three weeks.
	I gave to Debian 900 MB and to Windows 3.11 100 MB.

	But if I run Windows its file manager tells me that the HDD is 1 Gb. I
think this is not normal, because it just had to notice only 100 MB of its
FAT partition.

	Then I read in an article that if you had a kernel below 2.2 and fdisk
below 2.9, you should have to synch the partitions, to avoid having
partitions overlapped. (I'm very sorry, but I don't remember if I used the
fdisk from the Debian CD, or a fdisk taken from Slackware 7.0).

	The questions are:

	-Does it have any relation the article I read with my problem?
	-Is this situation dangerous for my ext2 or fat16 partitions?
	-What non-destructive solutions could I try?

	Some aspects that perhaps are informative to you:

	-I had some problems with BIOS due to its lack of LBA. I solved it w/
Ontrack Support for large drives like mine. Linux boots from LILO.

	Thank you very much for your attention and help,

	Ignasi

	P.S. Please don't throw rocks at me for writing this from NT. Before
installing Linux on this one I need to backup!