> Modem: LT Win Modem #2
> Sound: Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64V
> Printer: Epson Stylus Color II
> Scanner: Avision - Model: AV260C
>
> With your Linux package????
>
> Please send your response!!!
>
> I´m waiting!!!
>
> Gustavo Minari

By the phrase "your Linux package", I assume you mean the "Debian/GNU
Linux distribution, which is composed of thousands of packages". If you
mean a specific package in the Debian distro, you'll need to be more
precise.

Unless someone on the list has specific experience with any of your
hardware, you'll probably want to do a web search for "linux hardware
compatibility" to find a list of hardware that works with Linux. For
example, here's one such site:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO.html. Hopefully someone on
this list can address your specific concerns, which might be more
valuable to you than finding limited info in a Hardware-HOWTO.
Unfortunately, I can not.

However, concerning the "LT Win Modem #2": winmodems are so named
because they are designed to work with Microsoft Windows. Except in rare
cases, they won't work with Linux, or OS/2, or Be, or DOS, or anything
else that the manufacturer is too lazy/cheap to support. Winmodems are
not real modems; they expect the computer's CPU to do the
MODulating/DEModulating, which both ties up your CPU's time and requires
manufacturer-supplied drivers. Few manufacturers of winmodems have shown
much interest in providing the drivers for Linux, or in providing the
information necessary for the Linux community to write their own
drivers. In my opinion, winmodems are a fraud perpetrated upon the
unsuspecting computer-using market, and should be avoided. Even if you
have a great-working winmodem today, when the next release of MS-Windows
comes out (Win2003, etc), and your winmodem manufacturer has gone
belly-up or has offended Microsoft in some way, your winmodem has just
become a doorstop. Of course, that doesn't help you, who already has a
winmodem. (Forgive me for ranting; I despise win-hardware, including
winprinters.)

There has been some limited success in getting a few
winmodems/winprinters to work with Linux. As said earlier, hopefully
someone on this list can be of more help than my anti-winhardware
ranting.