Re: Anyone having trouble upgrading Helix-Gnome?

grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) wrote:

> No, I've got the same problem - the helix servers reset the connection
> and
> the transfer rate is 7Kb/s tops (compared to 80Kb/s previously). I
> suspect
> this is a problem with their servers being overloaded after announcing
> R2
> with GNOME 1.2. Enough to say that I've been trying to download 30Mb
> for the
> last 18 hours...

Grendel - in the end I went to the Helix-Gnome ftp site - same address
as the one in your /etc/apt/sources.list - spidermonkey.helix.com,
except that it is ftp rather than http. I manually downloaded the couple
of files causing apt-get problems and put them into
/var/cache/apt/archives and re-ran apt-get dist-upgrade. This time, it
worked OK.

Hope this helps.

BTW the new version of Helix-Gnome has the panel applets in a package
called 'gnome-applets' which the upgrade didn't install for me.

Helix Gnome is looking *so* cool - it makes Windows look very old and
clunky. I just love it.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000