Re: Anyone having trouble upgrading Helix-Gnome?

> grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) wrote:
> >
> > No, I've got the same problem - the helix servers reset the
connection
> > and
> > the transfer rate is 7Kb/s tops (compared to 80Kb/s previously). I
> > suspect
> > this is a problem with their servers being overloaded after
announcing
> > R2
> > with GNOME 1.2. Enough to say that I've been trying to download
30Mb
> > for the
> > last 18 hours...
>
> Grendel - in the end I went to the Helix-Gnome ftp site - same
address
> as the one in your /etc/apt/sources.list - spidermonkey.helix.com,
> except that it is ftp rather than http. I manually downloaded the
couple
> of files causing apt-get problems and put them into
[snip]
I tried both ftp and http access to spidermonkey and ftp access to
ftp.helixcode.com
(a different machine) - the effect was remote connection reset on
larger files... But, about
1:00 am CET I was able to download everything except gtk-themes... But
the connection
still wasn't very good :((

> BTW the new version of Helix-Gnome has the panel applets in a
package
> called 'gnome-applets' which the upgrade didn't install for me.
It installed just fine on my machines... (Debian/woody)

> Helix Gnome is looking *so* cool - it makes Windows look very old
and
> clunky. I just love it.
Gotta agree with that :)), although I don't use WIndows :))

mare