Re: X setup with SiS 6236

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Tony wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone had success parametrising X with an SiS 6236 AGP? I can't run
> XF86Setup without the screen hanging before it has found an appropriate
> graphical mode. Is there a script version of XF86Setup?
>

> Thanks
>
> Tony

XF86Setup can be run out of XWin but I think it use some videomode that
are not text.
Which XFree version do you use? I found out that version 3.x before 3.3.6
can have problems with SiS chips. I suggest you to install it (I think
this version include some features of Xservers developed by Suse).
If you have XFree version before 4.0 I suggest you to try with xf86config
configuration tool, it's better.

Good luck,
    Beppe