Re: /dev/hda10

>On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 05:08:01PM +0200, Michael
>Meskes wrote:
>> Could anyone please tell me what I have to do to
>>access /dev/hda10? I
>>can
> create it easily but trying to access it I get an
>>'unconfigured
>>device'
>> message for instance from mke2fs. Do I need a
>>special boot time
>>parameter?

>Can you tell me exactly how you have 10 partitons?
>Even the sun disk
>label
>only allows for 8. And i386 can have a max of 7(?)
>with extended
>partitions enabled.

I have /dev/hdb11 on my machine!  I think you can have
as many as 32 partitions on an IDE hd on i386. (the
limit on scsi is less?)  Also if  you have extended
partitions then you might just have an /dev/hdx4 (no
1,2, or 3) since extended partitions start at number
5.  (in my case I have /dev/hdb1, 2, 4,5 - 11)

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....