gpm as repeater for X11

Hi

What causes the following error?

I'm using the frozen (potato) distribution. GPM is configured as
repeater and "ps fax" shows me that it's running as "-Rmsc" mouse
works on console. Whenever I try to start X as user or root I get:

Warning: /dev/gpmdata unable to get status of mouse fd (Invalid argument)

and X stops. In X I configured Protocol "MouseSystems" and Device
"/dev/gpmdata". When using "PS/2" on "/dev/psaux" the mouse does not move
at all (but at least X starts).

I read something in the SuSE Support databse and turned "PNP BIOS INSTALLED"
off in my BIOS. I find no Option there telling something about "PS/2 support
on/off".

bye,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879