Re: /dev/hda10

At 05:39 PM 5/24/00 +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> And i386 can have a max of 7(?) with extended partitions enabled.
>>
>not sure, but this sounds very strange to me.
>afaik, you can nest extended patitions as much as you want.

I believe you are correct, Oswald. Basically, you daisy-chain the extended
partitions (think linked list, though it's technically a bit different).

I'm also puzzled by the initial question. Every Debian install I've done
created /dev/hda10 as part of the install process. Perhaps the original
poster made a mistake when creating it? The output of "ls -l /dev/hda10"
might be informative, as might a partition list of /dev/hda from fdisk.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com