Re: Cannot find libz1 and libxpm4

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Kerstin Hoef-Emden <Kerstin.Hoef-Emden@Uni-Koeln.DE> wrote:

>I guess, my problem is caused by the fact that I use dpkg to investigate
>dependencies and to install packages and not apt-get (I must admit, that
>I positioned it low priority on my installing list. Since setting it up
>didn't work right from the beginning, I skipped it for later
>experiments.

As a last ressort, you can always consult the search engine at

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages (-> Search Package Directories)

This interface will list all dependencies. Even if you don't download
the packages from there (apt is certainly more convenient), it might
be helpfull as a means of orientation, especially if you're still
exploring the load of packages which are available.

--
Philip Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>