Re: can't print

At 09:51 PM 5/23/00 +0000, Pollywog wrote:
>Thanks, I had all of those things installed, so I am stumped.
>I am going to try putting printer support in as a module, maybe that will
>help.

I'm far from the most expert on parallel ports -- until recently, I hadn't
touched one in years -- but I did just have to get a parallel printer
working on a potato server. I did it by (manually) insmod'ing
        parport.o
        parport_pc.o
        lp.o

Most of the printing docs I've seen don't mention the last of these. I'm not
sure if the second one is actually needed; it might be the support for
non-printer devices on the parport.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com